News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   



Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Could I somehow be pregnant? (after plan B)

 PurpleJazzMusik - Tue May 15, 2007 1:25 pm

Hi! I am a 21 yr old woman and I am very concerned because as of last week I havae been feeling very odd. I am on birth control pills... So far my menses are normal there were a couple of times I forgot to take them but took them asap as directed and my period came expected. (two months ago my period ended on a wednesday and I wasnt able to get my pills..I had sex on the saturday and took plan B and also continued my pills the next day).........
my period started (last wednesday) I had a bad headache, nauseas, and cramps...all normal minus the period stopped on Sunday and I still feel cramps in my pelvic area that shoots down my thighs also I have headaches and kinda feel like I want to vomit ..these feelings come and go....I also experienced a sharp pain in my abdomin.... twice. and am slightly bloated...I don't feel good...none of the symptoms are severe but I know something is wrong.....also im urinating a bit more than before...

I have been diagnosed with yeast infection which still comes and goes...My mother has a fibroid that no longer bothers her...It only caused a problem when she was pregnant.

I have always been constipated when needing to make bowel movements and had a colonoscopy done about a year ago because I wasnt making bowel movements frequently enough. I have had two abortions at ages 19 and 20 ( I don't know how relevant that info is...). Please help insurance is giving trouble so I cant go to the doctor just yet....Could I somehow be pregnant?(same symptoms)
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat May 26, 2007 1:24 am

User avatar I think pregnancy is possible but unlikely. If you started your menses as expected it is unlikely that you were fertile during the time of your intercourse.

It does sound as if you have something going on. Perhaps you have an infection such as an infection of the uterus or fallopian tubes. I would recommend that you be tested for STD's also just to rule them out. (Off hand, your symptoms don't sound like a classic STD but always better to be safe.)

I would also recommend that you take a home pregnancy test if your symptoms are not improving. Again, I think it is unlikely but possible.

If you do not begin to feel better I recommend that you see a doctor. There are often clinics that can see patients without insurance on a free or reduced fee basis. Your local health department can point you to these if you choose.

Best wishes.


Check a doctor's response to similar questions


advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application


 advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)



Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2016
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information:
verify here.