News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: worried and confused about fluid gushes

fool_four_u - Tue May 15, 2007 9:50 pm

i really hope you can help. i am 40 yrs old and im female. about 10 yrs ago i had an episode of a fluid gushing from my vagina when i was sleeping. i immediately went to a dr and was told it was a yeast infection. since then i have had numerous bouts with this and each time i was told the same thing. yeast...i got so tired of it i quit going. to be honest with you it always happens in the early hours of the morning and only when im asleep. i get this like rumbling sound right in the stomach area between the ribs and it actually feels like a cyst that ruptured and this big gush of fluid comes out. i get a pounding headache and my back hurts like crazy from it. ive never been pregnant but its like when your water breaks. now lately when this happens i get more back pain and feel sick all day. could it be some kind of cyst that ruptures or could it be something more serious? any help would be greatly appreciated
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Wed May 16, 2007 3:22 am

User avatar Your symptoms don't sound very typical of a yeast infection. I would suggest that you see a gynecologist and perhaps have an ultrasound done to look at your ovaries and uterus.

I really can't explain your symptoms well. Hopefully some testing will help determine the cause.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here