Question: worried and confused about fluid gushes

fool_four_u - Tue May 15, 2007 9:50 pm

i really hope you can help. i am 40 yrs old and im female. about 10 yrs ago i had an episode of a fluid gushing from my vagina when i was sleeping. i immediately went to a dr and was told it was a yeast infection. since then i have had numerous bouts with this and each time i was told the same thing. yeast...i got so tired of it i quit going. to be honest with you it always happens in the early hours of the morning and only when im asleep. i get this like rumbling sound right in the stomach area between the ribs and it actually feels like a cyst that ruptured and this big gush of fluid comes out. i get a pounding headache and my back hurts like crazy from it. ive never been pregnant but its like when your water breaks. now lately when this happens i get more back pain and feel sick all day. could it be some kind of cyst that ruptures or could it be something more serious? any help would be greatly appreciated
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Wed May 16, 2007 3:22 am

User avatar Your symptoms don't sound very typical of a yeast infection. I would suggest that you see a gynecologist and perhaps have an ultrasound done to look at your ovaries and uterus.

I really can't explain your symptoms well. Hopefully some testing will help determine the cause.

|