Question: bleeding 2months and severe pain

needhelp92211 - Wed May 16, 2007 2:16 am

I am a 24 y/o female and have abnormal bleeding and severe pelvic pain. I have been bleeding this time for 2 months and have severe stabbing pelvic pain. I went to the hospital on my last episode and was told that it was PID and given antibiotic and aleve. I seen a Dr and had several sonograms, ultrasounds and a test that they inserted a probe inside my vagina. Tests were unconclussive. Once in a while the pain goes away and the bleeding stops for a short time then starts up again and goes for months. I am not taking any sort of medication or birth control pills. several years ago I did get depo shots but do not anymore. I am hitting a brick wall with doctors and not getting any help. Please try to help me or point me in the right direction. I will travel to see a doctor anywhere for the possibility of help. This is becoming a quality of life matter and interrupting my everyday. Thanks

Terra
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Wed May 16, 2007 3:19 am

User avatar I would strongly recommend that you see a gynecologist to discuss your symptoms. It is likely that they will recommend you start taking an oral contraceptive pill to regulate your hormonal levels and bring your periods under control.

Prolonged bleeding can lead to significant anemia which has its own set of problems.

|