News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: Missed Period while on othro evra patch

kitty0611 - Mon May 21, 2007 8:21 am

I'm 23 yrs old, and I have been on birth control patch for 2 yrs (except last june when i was pregnant and had miscarriage in august). On the 4th week while using patch you are suppose to remove it for period. I did remove patch on April 15th and i got my period on 21st. I placed patch back on on April 24th and took it off on may 15th. I have not had a period yet and I am schedule to start new patch on may 22nd. Normally, I feel a little cramping before period but i have had nothing but extreme heads and little back pain. I took hpt today and it was neg...... Should I consult my doctor at this point or should i continue my patch???????
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon May 21, 2007 2:28 pm

User avatar I would recommend that you repeat the pregnancy test next week. At this point, the home pregnancy tests should be at their most sensitive.

In the mean time, it is OK to replace the patch. If you are pregnant the extra estrogen for a short period of time will not be a problem.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here