News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: no period pregnant or not?

juliet - Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:53 am

Hello Doctor,

I am 24 years old a married women. my marriage on 7 th january 2007. my lmp may was 2nd. June till the day no period. before my marriage my all periods was very accurate. all periods time I feel Back pain and brest pain. june there is no period till the day. I feel stomach & brest pain. am I pregnant? or not? please help me.
thanks doctor.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:43 pm

User avatar Since you are usually regular with your periods and you are sexually active, I would say there's a good chance you could be pregnant but the only way to know for sure is with a pregnancy test. The home tests are actually quite good or you can have it done by a doctor's office staff or clinic. Good luck. Meanwhile, make sure you are taking a multivitamin containing at least 400 mcg folate or folic acid. You should to this throughout your childbearing years.
 juliet - Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:53 pm

but doctor, my march months LMP is 16 th and April no period and may Lmp 2nd . before my marriage my all periods are very accurate but now... please reply
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:10 pm

User avatar I see what you are saying. Since you missed your period in April, you are wondering if this could be the same in June. It is possible that you are just experiencing some irregularity in your periods, but you could also be pregnant. The only way to know for sure is by doing a pregnancy test.

There are many reasons periods can be irregular, mostly relating to the hormone balance in your body, stress, or even life changes such as marriage. Symptoms including breast tenderness can be an indication of pregnancy but are not conclusive.

I'm sorry we can't be of more help here. Good luck.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here