News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Texture and feeling of normal vagina / vulva

whyohwhy4 - Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:36 pm

Hello! Im an 18 y/o female, who hasnt had sex in over a year. but i have what look like pimples on my vulva. they don't itch (except when i had a yeast infection). i am worried that it may be some kind of STD (even though ive only had sex twice, both times with condoms). but they appear as pimples, similar to those that occur on my face. is this normal? it seems logical that it could be, seeing as the area is constantly aggitated (horseback riding, and masturbation). any insight you could give me about normal texture/feeling of the vulva/vagina. thanks so much.

M
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:20 pm

User avatar Good chance these are simple blogged sebaceous (oil) glands, but they could also be cysts, abscesses or ingrown hairs. For relief you can try warm compresses. Get wash cloth wet with warm water, squeeze excess and gently place on affected area. Do this several times a day. Do not squeeze, for risk of infection. If you develop signs of infection, call your doctor and be sure the office stand understands you may have an infection so they won't try to give you a date 3 weeks later

I too, feel confident it is probably not something serious such as an STD. But if it gets worse, spreads, itches, burns, or never goes away, you should probably see your health care provider anyway to get an accurate diagnosis and treatment if indicated.

Good luck

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here