Question: Vaginal sores

Samegirl89 - Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:29 pm

I have a sore on the lip of my vagina. It is white and painful. I am a virgin. I have never done anything but kiss. I don't know if it's related but I have been sick for the past five and a half days. I was naseous at first. Now I just have bad chest congestion and I have been coughing constantly. I, also, have back soreness. I went to the doctor and she gave me sulfamethoxazole and trimethobenzamide but I quit taking them two days ago. I have also been taking a lot of Ibprofen and congestion medication.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:03 pm

User avatar This is probably something dermatological such as a cyst or infected follicle, sebaceous gland or something similar. I would just watch to see if it goes away on its own. do not squeeze it as this could result in infection but you can use warm, moist packs (such as warm, wet washcloth) to sooth the discomfort. Most likely it will go away soon but if not, you should see your health care provider.
 Samegirl89 - Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:03 am

The sore turned sort of a blackish color and is pretty swollen. Should I be worried?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:03 am

User avatar I still think I would wait just a bit longer, in case this is just another stage of healing. But if it does not go away in a few days, see your doctor.
 Samegirl89 - Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:39 pm

The sore hurts a lot and it doesnt seem to be going away. The top of it is starting to come off. I'm afraid to tell a doctor or anyone. Is there anything I can do besides wait?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:37 pm

User avatar If it is causing you this much distress, you should see a health care provider sooner rather than later.
 unsure18 - Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:46 am

I'm an 18 year old female and I have a small bump between my vagina and my butt. I had sex for the first time over a month ago. It hurts when I wipe and sometimes there's a little blood when I wipe but I don't know if it's from the sore or what. I've had this sore for about 2 weeks. please help!! i'm worried.
 lisaRENEE - Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:27 pm

I HAVENT HAD SEX FOR SIX MONTHS. FINALLY I HAD IT LAST WEEK WITH A CONDOM. TWO DAYS LATOR MY VAGINA STARTED ITCHING SO BAD THAT ALL DAY I HAD MY HANDS DOWN THEIR SCRATCHING. 3 DAYS AGO I NOTICED A BIG CUT ON THE SIDE OF MYLIP AREA BY THE CLIT. NOW I SEE SMALL SORES THAT LOOK LIKE CANKER SORES. THEY HURT SO HAD. CAN THIS BE FROM A YEAST INFECTION AND OR A REACTION FROM THE LATEX CONDEM?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:38 pm

It is difficult to say what could cause these sores. Common causes include yeast infection, trauma from rough sex or inadequate lubrication, herpes or other infections. Some people do have latex allergies so a reaction to condoms is a possibility. You would need to see a doctor to determine the source, especially if they do not heal in a few days on their own.

confusedstudent - Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:12 pm

Hi i was recently diagnosed with vaginal herpes type 1. I do not understand the diagnosis though, because my boyfriend never gives me oral sex if he has a cut on his mouth. He has never had a cold sore or fever blister the whole time I've been with him, and he has been screened recently and everything came back negative. My mother told me i got fever blisters when i was younger but I haven't had one of those in an extremely long time. However I have been getting yeast infections alot since I started on birth control in March 08, I just don't understand how it could be herpes, and before I had the outbreak the symptoms were those of a yeast infection. My discharge resembled that of previous yeast infections. DO you believe I could have been misdiagnosed, i am a student and my campus infirmiry has misdiagnosed another student i know with an STD and when she got retested it came back negative. It just doesn't add up to how I could have gotten type 1 genital herpes. Is it possible to have these outbreaks with yeast infections? Should I get retested?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:27 pm

It is possible to get genital herpes type 1 genitally from someone else with the same condition even though the infection more commonly comes from the mouth. Of course, misdiagnosis can and does occur. Results of lab tests are not 100% accurate.

Though not as likely, even without symptoms, an infected person can spread this virus to another.

msalisha - Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:18 am

When I had my son 7 years ago the Dr. told me that I had a cyst and he lanced it. It was no problem after that. Now I've had 3 more bumps to show up and they are painful to the touch. One burst on it's own and was filled with pus and a small amount of blood. They bumps are right on the opening of my vagina what could this be and what is causing it?

|