Question: sore marble sized bump on labia

stardust142 - Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:38 am

I am a 30 year old female. I have a large marble sized lump on the inner lips of my labia. It is sore to the touch and it is painful to sit or walk. It has been there 6 days now and is getting bigger. I do have a doctors appointment however in the meantime I need peace of mind. Do you happen to know what it is. it is located right about where the hair stops inside if that helps. It appeared suddenly. I have only ever had one partner so I have ruled out an STD. My last pap was 3 years ago. Please help.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:45 pm

User avatar It is possible this could be an infected Bartholin gland cyst. You should seek medical treatment since it is causing you pain. It is possible to have a cyst without infection but they are usually painless. Aside from this guess, I can't say what this might be so, again, see your doctor. Good luck.

|