News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   



Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Birth Control

 Jeep108 - Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:03 pm

I am a 25 year old female. I have only had wisdom teeth surgery. My mother had uterarine cancer. Other family medical history is heart attack, diabeties, high blood pressure, kidney disease, and cancer. No current medications. I have been off birth control for seven months and I have notice that my periods are becoming abnormal (which is normal for me). I am having bleeding for about 7 day and its very irregular. I have even skipped a monthly cycle. I am having some very bad symptoms such as diarrhea, nausea, headache, bloating, fatigue, cramping really bad, dizziness, moody, really cold one minute then sweating the next. I have been on a lot of different monocyclic birth controls and I have been on them since I was 15 years old. The reason I went off of the monocyclic pills I was taking is because my periods were still bad and I was having problems with my hormones. Going off the pills helped at first with my periods, outer itching, and sex drive but now the pain and symptoms I have been having (which I had these symptoms before starting birth control as a teen) have become very bothersome. I couldn't take a Tricyclic pill when I was younger because they drove me crazy. I was an emotional reck. I wonder if my hormones have changed since I was younger. What might be a good birth control for me? Is it normal to have diarrhea before and during a cycle? Help!! What medication could I get to help with my symptoms? Thanks:)
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:36 pm

User avatar Yes, hormones can vary with age. With this assortment of symptoms, you really need to have a complete examination.
There may be multiple problems that are not all related but there would be no way to determine without a doctor seeing you.


Check a doctor's response to similar questions


advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application


 advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)



Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2016
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information:
verify here.