News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: High Testorone Levels in Women

Pinkcat - Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:27 pm

I'm a 23, female, married and use protection for sex. Not trying to have children at the moment, but would like to start trying in about 6 months. I've only gotten one period since December of 2006, the doctor put me on provera and I got it April 2007, now haven't had one since. I did get my testorone level checked last time and I just got the results today and it's high. Which I do have symptoms, hair growth, acne etc. What does having high testorone mean? What can I do about it? How is it going to affect having children? Thanks for you help!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:45 pm

User avatar It is possible you could have polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS). In this condition your hormone levels such as testosterone and insulin are a little out of balance. Both men and women need testosterone, but in order to function most properly, there needs to be the correct balance of female and male hormones.

If PCOS is the problem, it could affect your fertility. Your doctor can prescribe medications to help you in that case.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here