Question: Shift in hormones clue to afternoon upset stomach?

SyracuseWriterGal - Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:02 pm

I'm a 44 year old woman still having periods, and with a good health record. I'm having an upset stomach every afternoon (and no, I'm not expecting!). My doctor checked my ovaries, uterus, etc., all is well. No bleeding, no vomiting, just a feeling of upset stomach and discomfort. Could this be from a drop in hormone levels as I approach menopause? I'm currently taking Zyrtec for allergies, Zoloft for anxiety, and now my doc prescribed Zantac for my stomach.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:47 pm

User avatar Gastrointestinal distress does show up on a list of symptoms of menopause and perimenopause but it also shows up on many other lists so it would be impossible to assume this is the reason for your symptoms. I would recommend that you continue to keep your doctor informed of your complaints and track any patterns you may see to help in the evaluation.