Question: please help? pregnant?

qwerty12345 - Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:24 pm

hi, me and my girlfriend are uber worried right now.
it starts of where we were messing around and she had her hands down my pants. she told me that she felt some liquid which may be pre-ejaculation[because my usual semen comes out alot stronger and in a huge load] after i left the house she called me later that night and told me she masturbated but forgot to wash her hands. she began worrying she would get pregnant. so i did some research and found out she will only get pregnant on her ovulation days [about mid period] but she was towards the end of her period. i told her not to worry because her period was due soon, and that the liquid on her hand wouldve dried within 10 mins. her period was already late at this period so we were still worrying and two days later she had her period [but it was uber late]. so we were not so worried. its now 3 weeks later and she claims she is showing signs of pregnancy, increase urination, mood swings,tender breasts, weight change, and cramps. do you think she could really be pregnant?

also, she just began medication because she was diagnosed with strep throat and she almost died/passed out during a meningitus shot[i cant spell i sounded this out] we are both freaking out. we are not ready for a child. do you think she will really have a child? please help.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:01 pm

User avatar Based on the information you have provided I would say it is very unlikely that she has become pregnant from this particular encounter. If she has had no other sexual intercourse, she is probably just experiencing symptoms from another cause - even could be caused by worry.

I would recommend a pregnancy test. Home tests are quite good when you follow the directions. Ideally, she should use the first urine of the day to do the test.

qwerty12345 - Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:42 am

thank you so very much. i feel much more relieved and im sure my girlfriend will also. with this new relief do you think her symptoms will go away?
because although i feel slightly relieved, i am quite a worryer. i really want the best for my girlfriend and wanted to know if there is an explanation for these symptoms [aside from pregnancy]
what are possible reason for showing common symptoms of pregnancy?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:42 pm

User avatar She could just be experiencing some viral illness or hormonal fluctuation. Some people do develop such symptoms from stress as well - perhaps worrying about pregnancy. It is difficult to say. I'm glad to see you are concerned about her welfare. I would recommend you investigate contraceptives so you won't have this stress in the future before you are ready.

Let us know if you have other questions.
 qwerty12345 - Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:08 am

thank you again =]
you really don't know how much better im feeling. thanks you for consulting me. i will show this to my girlfriend as soon as possible and hopefully she will feel more relieved and wont stress as much. but if we have more questions, should i just continue to reply to this post [would you respond] or should i private message you?
you have been very helpful and i was wondering how can we stay in touch for more information?

thank you so very much. im sure we can sleep better now. =]
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:07 am

User avatar Yes, continue to use this forum or if it is a new topic, start another in this or another appropriate category. We will respond.

Don't forget to follow with a pregnancy test if she still has worries or symptoms. It is an inexpensive peace of mind if she truly is not.
 qwerty12345 - Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:13 am

hi im back and now were even more worried as a newer problem popped up and a new symptoms
so she bled today and said it was spotty. what does this mean? this is also her second period this month [the last one was late]
can you clarify what may be happening. thank you
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:23 am

User avatar Most likely this is just normal hormonal fluctuation. A woman's periods are not always regular. It is convenient when they are but not necessarily problematic when they are not. I would not be too concerned. But, if you are having unprotected sex, pregnancy will always be a possibility.
 qwerty12345 - Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:28 am

Hello im back again. and today marks me and my girlfriend first time participating in intercourse. and she was worrying about the condom. she worries the chances of a hole in them fresh out the package.
also, we didnt last long so when i ejaculated she was scared some might have got in some how.[but im pretty sure nothing]

if so, the last time i posted[aug1st] she had her period. it is now august 4th and i was wondering if she can get pregnant? would today be a fertile day? is today one of the days of ovulation? what days do i have to stay away from?

sorry. im just still worrying right now.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:53 pm

User avatar You may decide to try a different form of birth control so you don't need to stress over the possibility of a hole. The fast ejaculation should not be an increased risk.

If you want to avoid the most fertile days it would depend on your girlfriend's cycle. If her cycle (1st day of period to 1st day of next period) is 26 to 32 days long, I would expect the fertile days to be from day 8 to day 19 (average). She is actually only fertile for a couple of those days but we can't predict exactly which days those are so we include the whole range to be on the safe side.
 qwerty12345 - Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:01 am

thank you for all your help. it really has brought alot of relief.
so judging on this whole experience that i have discussed with you, you don't think she will be pregnant because she is still scared. she worries about the condom. i made sure i left about a half inch reservoir space but she still doesnt really trust in condoms. how safe are they? and how would you know if there was a hole in the condom? how big a whole allows semen to leak out[ would it be detectable?]
im just wondering in her safety because i really care about her and don't want to make her worry so much.

and we decided to hold off on the sex. our first experience was short, and she wanted to wait before be actually do it.
so we have decided to take it slower =]
hopefully less stressing out.
and less bugging you =]
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:03 am

User avatar Taking it slowly is almost always a smart move. There seems to be so much pressure today to jump into a sexual relationship but it really can be most valuable to get to know a person well in other ways. Sometimes when the relationship moves into the stage of having sex, that becomes the primary activity and that also makes you feel compatible. In truth, you may be missing the opportunity to find out what other common interests you may have aside from sex and these things can be much more indicative of a long-lasting relationship.

Also, worry about pregnancy at this point can certainly take the fun out of an otherwise exciting and loving relationship. So, I commend you on this decision. When you do feel it is right for you, I would suggest you consult with a doctor to find the best form of contraception that will give you peace of mind. No method except abstinence is 100% effective, though many are 99% when used correctly. But still, that means one in 100 may still become pregnant while practicing birth control. This is one reason responsible sex is the best plan. If you aren't prepared to handle a possible pregnancy, it's probably best to avoid being sexually active at this time.

As for condom "holes" I would suggest that it is possible there could be a leak that is not noticeable. The greatest concern is for tiny, microscopic holes that could allow viruses to pass through, thus dispelling the idea that using condoms equals "safe sex." Responsible sex or abstinence is much "safer" than using a barrier method of contraception. If a sexually transmitted infection is contracted you can have a lifetime of regret. But, using a condom will definitely reduce (though not eliminate) your risk if you do have sex in casual relationships.

Good luck to both of you! Feel free to start a new thread here if other questions come up.
 qwerty12345 - Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:41 pm

thank you so very much. you do not know how much i appreciate youre help.

so we are going to hold off for a while.
but i had one last question.

based on the whole conversation we had and all the information i have laid out for you,

do you think my girlfriend is pregnant?
i just want to make sure one last time.

thank you so very much
 jennbeach - Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:48 pm

iam 34.5 weeks pregnant and just noticed the inside of my belly button is black and blue is this normal? or ok?

I also have justational diabetes

|