Question: No period for two months

GATTAKNOW - Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:15 pm

I am 22 and I haven't had my period for two months. I thought I was pegnant but I took one test and it was negitive. Then I took another a week later just like the instuctions said and it was also negitive. The only thing that I had close to a surgery is a c-section two years ago.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:32 pm

User avatar There are many reasons a woman can miss a period. Hormonal imbalances are common in young women but if you are sexually active there is still a possibility of pregnancy. It is possible that your hCG levels are not yet high enough to show up in a pregnancy test. I would advise you to get a serum (blood) pregnancy test which is more sensitive. If that is also negative, you should be evaluated by a gynecologist to determine the reason for the missed periods.

|