News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: AM I PREGNANT???

Alison014 - Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:38 am

I had unprotected sex about 12 days ago. I have not missed my period yet but I really think i'm pregnent. At the risk of sounding crazy almost immediately aftwards, like the next day I started to feel "funny" for lack of a better word. Now some 12 days later I am starting to feel other symptoms. I am feeling constantly nauseated. My breasts are sore, I am urinating frequently and my lower stomach just feels almost like full. I did have a little blood in my urine yesterday. I am just confused if these are symptoms of something else and i'm just thinking pregnancy. Because my best friend told me it is to early to have any signs of pregnancy so it must be something else. Someone please help! thank you.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:49 pm

User avatar Each woman is different but some experience signs of pregnancy as early as one week after conception, so it is not too early to have signs like these, but the following day is unlikely to be due to pregnancy.

On the other hand, these symptoms could be caused by something else. Blood in the urine is not a sign of pregnancy but could be caused by a urinary tract infection so you should have this checked out.

You can take a home pregnancy test at about one week from the day your period should have started.

Worry and stress can also cause you to have symptoms like you describe so if you are nervous about becoming pregnant, perhaps this was the cause of your symptoms - even as early as the morning after.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here