Question: Maroon blood and milky substance

bobo02 - Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:48 pm

I am 20 year old female. I had surgery in 2006 to remove ovarian cysts and endrometriosis. Normally i have bright red blood during my cycle, but this time it is a maroon color with a milky substance that i have never seen come out of my body. I also have hugh clumps that i have never had and the cramps are horrible it takes every thing i have to get up and move. can you tell me what is wrong?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:25 pm

User avatar Menstrual fluid consists of more than just blood so variations such as this can be normal, especially considering the procedures you have recently had. I would watch and wait for the next period to see if things are more typical next time. But, of course you can call your doctor with your concerns. I assume he gave you an educational sheet describing things to watch for and report. If the pain is bad, you may need something to help that too so talking to your doctor would be wise.

|