News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Could I get pregnant if my partner pulled out

Alison014 - Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:41 am

Ok so I posted some symptoms you answered with could you be pregnant. I answered that reply and you never answered. My partner is telling me he doesn't think its possible because he pulled out but like i said he didn't even get a chance to get it all the way in and it happened. Afterward I cleaned up and I did whipe seamen from my vaginal area but i didn't think any went in! Now my period is only 3 days late and I am sometimes irregular but my breasts are swollen, I have lower back pain, I have had wierd like splintering pains off and on where my right ovary is, i'm very tired and feel sick to my stomach off an on all day and my stomach just has a wierd feeling. I did have some tenderness in my breasts but its off and on. Today i feel almost bloated like I am going to get my period with some cramping but the cramping has been only very mild this morning and went away, but the back pain is still there. I do have a clear like discharge, i'm just sooo confused, do you think i'm pregnant, or is it not possible like he is telling me! Thank you.
 lilonething - Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:58 am

Hi there! I'm not a doctor or a nurse so I don't know if this advice is welcome but I wanted to reply to you in case it takes the volunteers some time. Withdrawal method is never a reliable form of birth control and certainly with the early ejaculation, pregnancy is possible. This doesn't mean that you are pregnant, but it means that it is not impossible. Maybe try a home pregnancy test bought from the store and go from there. If it is negative, you can put your mind at ease for now and see if you get your period eventually.
If pregnancy is definitely not wanted, I would look into other methods of BC. My cousin has two children although she always uses calendar method and withdrawal. It's fine for her because she is stable and married but they certainly weren't planned. These things happen, but they don't have to if that is your choice.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:12 pm

User avatar This is good advice. Alison014 is absolutely correct that withdrawal has a poor record as birth control. It may be somewhat reasonable as a second method when you use something else but alone, you're playing with matches here and might just get burned.

Pregnancy tests can be pretty accurate at about a week after your anticipated period start date. Take the test and follow the directions exactly but know that there are a few false negatives so if negative and still no period you may want to repeat the test in a week or consider having a blood pregnancy test at the doctor's office - these are a little more sensitive.

The symptoms you have could be signs of pregnancy, or impending menses. You may just be late and the anxiety could also alter your cycle.

Good luck.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here