Question: recent surgery nightmare

Ladybug59 - Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:53 pm

age 48
femaile
fybroid tumors
I had a routine hysterectomy 2 weeks ago and when they brought me out of recovery, my blood pressure dropped very low and they had to take me back to surgery. I now have an 18" scar from top to bottom of my torso. I have a large swollen area on the left side of my scar and the dr. told me that it was a hematoma in the muscle lining? Is this possible and should I be concerned?
 Ladybug59 - Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:54 pm

I had a routine hysterectomy 2 weeks ago and when they brought me out of recovery, my blood pressure dropped very low and they had to take me back to surgery. I now have an 18" scar from top to bottom of my torso. I have a large swollen area on the left side of my scar and the dr. told me that it was a hematoma in the muscle lining? Is this possible and should I be concerned?[/quote]
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:49 pm

User avatar Unfortunately, you experienced one of the possible adverse side effects of surgery. I'm sorry you had to endure additional surgery, pain and scarring. At least they were able to take care of you before you lost too much blood - they could have lost you in that case.

Good luck with your recovery. Most people's scars fade gradually over the years and eventually it will not be as angry as it is now. And hopefully you won't be either.

|