News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: 21 married female 35 day menses

concernedmom21 - Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:28 pm

My daughter is almost 20 months old and my Menstrual cycle is just now seeming to regulate. My cycle is 35 days, I was just wandering if I could still ovulate, and how can I calculate to find the approximate dates that I may ovulate? Will my cycle return to 28 days or is 35 days still okay?

The Dates of My Cycles are as follows.

January 25th -28th 2007
February 19th 2007
March 23rd -26th 2007
April 8th, 25th - 29th 2007
Skipped May
June 4th -10th 2007
July 14th -19th 2007
August 18th -present

Thank you

Mrs. M
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:06 am

User avatar A 35 day cycle is still normal and there are some who would envy you because of the extra time between periods. There is nothing to be worried about and if you need to know when you ovulate, you may consider watching your secretions closely. At the time of ovulation it is normal for your vaginal secretions to increase. Notice any discharge and chart it. You may be able to determine your "normal" ovulation time.

Let us know if you have other questions.
 concernedmom21 - Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:12 am

Thank you for the fast reply!

I have always had heavy discharge, and haven't been able to chart because it doesn't seem to change it is always heavy. Would Charting my Basal Temp be easier and how does that work exactly?

Thank you again for the quick reply!

Mrs. M

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here