Question: missed periods, preg symptoms but neg results

socalsweetie - Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:43 am

I am a 23 year old female mother of 3, i had my tubes tide in december same day as my c-section(2nd c-section), after having the baby my periods were very regular. Now i am having usual pregnancy symptoms( i do feel pregnant) and i havent had a period since june 13(first day of last period) and it is now august 20 and still nothing. I have also been having stabbing pain in lower rioght abdomen as well as real bad back and shoulder pain, dizziness, migranes, fatigue. I did go to the doctor and had bloodwork as well as an ultrasound done, during ultrasound i was asked if i had trouble concieving and i answered no the person thought that was odd, they also asked if i had been gaining some weight lately and i answered yes...i asked her if there was anything i should worry about and they said to ask my doctor, i called my doc and i was told that everything came out fine. Its hard for me to keep changing or seeing a different doc(military)..what can it be or is there something im not asking my doc?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:52 am

User avatar I would think the results of the ultrasound were sent to the doctor who ordered it so they should be able to explain the results to you. I know military can be a big hassle but I would definitely place a call requesting consultation with the ordering physician so you can ask specifically about what the tech told you. Even though they said it was fine, there was something that caused you worry and you should be able to ask the doctor exactly what they saw, even if it is not anything to worry about.

I suppose they might have seen some evidence of endometriosis or PCOS (Polycystic Overy Syndrome) - either of which can affect fertility (but not always). Since the techs do not diagnose conditions but only send the results to the doctor so he/she can do it, I am not surprised at the limited explanation from them. However, your doctor should be able to give you a clear answer that actually explains the result.

I cannot say what was going on, but am just speculating based on the tech's remark about fertility. Of course there could be other possibilities as well, but seeing the report will be necessary to know for sure.

Good luck with this.

|