News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: abortion and pregnancy..please help

bashar1533 - Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:54 pm

i have a very serious questions and i need some major help. I found out my gf was pregnant about 6-7 weeks ago after i saw two pregnancy tests that showed the pregnancy lines. After some major debates and talkin to her , the best decision we took was to have an abortion. She was unsure of this because her family but i came up with alot of money to give her (cash) in order to go to the clinic as well as take care of herself .She said she went to planned parenthood. She was realli upset and cussed at me alot after that , she said that it hurt alot and she would NEVER ever do it again. Well,after this she having nighttime sweats, she went to the follow up 2 weeks after and they told her she was still pregnant and the operation (surgical) was not successful . Now she doesnt want to go back to the same clinic and after going to two other drs, they recommended she goes to the hopital for a total surgery which will cost 5000 or she will have the baby. Wut is ur advice and does it happen?

My family wants to have written consent to talk to the drs bc they don't beleive her...can she sue the dr or what? I have seen some paperwork from planned parenthood showing the recovery room notes as well as the notes written about the procedure . I have also seen the ultrasound at 8 weeks now showing the baby. I am in a real dilemma and need some advice.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:18 am

User avatar If you have seen the ultrasound I believe you can be quite certain she is pregnant. She will have to give permission if you or your family are to talk to the doctors about her situation.

I cannot give you legal advice. I do know that all medical procedures come with risks and in this case there is the risk that the procedure did not work. Most of the time we sign paperwork (consent forms) that state our understanding of the procedure and the possible adverse affects associated with it. We sign that we understand these things can happen, even despite all our best efforts.

It sounds like you have had the options explained to you and you will need to make a decision together about what you are to do.

After this is past, do check into reliable contraceptives.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here