Question: Why no pregnancy after miscarriage?

safina007 - Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:39 pm

I am a 28 year old woman, married 3 years ago, but having no kid. My husband is 33. Actually when I got married me and my husband decided not to go for the intercourse for about 6 months as I was studying in those days and don’t want to get pregnant. After 2 or 3 months I started to feel some acne problem, which I used to have before marriage also, but this time it was very severe and my whole face was covered with pimples. I consulted a dermatologist and she advised me some ointments. I used that but it doesn’t effect. Then the dermatologist prescribed me an antibiotic... (Not remembering the name) to use it for 5 days. I used and again visited the doctor. This time the doctor asked me to continue the antibiotic medicine for about 1 1/2 months but with a restriction of not getting pregnant, as that could result in abortion. Knowing that, I immediately stopped taking that medicine and refused to go for further treatment of acne.

After that, the acne problem was gradually reduced to normal and after some time, me and my husband started to go for intercourse. After 15 months of our marriage I got pregnant, but it doesn’t last. In the 10 week of pregnancy doctor advised me for the ultrasound and that was not normal, there was no heartbeats. Doctor waited for about 10 more days and checked the ultrasound again but the situation was even worse having no heartbeat and the sac was also reduced. The doctor immediately asked for the abortion. There was no other way. But in the whole period of my pregnancy, I never even had a spot of blood.

After the abortion, the doctor asked me not to go for intercourse for about 3 months as that could again result in miscarriage. Me and my husband abandoned ourselves from intercourse for three months. But after that, when again we started to go for intercourse, it is not resulting to pregnancy. It’s been now more than 20 months of my abortion and I am unable to conceive. I went for the hormones test last year and this year too. All the reports of mine are normal. My husband also had a semen analysis, which was also normal. Said by the doctor.

Now, I am severely tensed, I am desperate to be a mother but luck is not favoring me. I don’t know what the problem is? If both me and my husband are alright, what is the matter which is a hurdle towards my conception? (Please mind that I have never taken any birth control medicine neither used any birth control objects, such as condoms etc and I have a regular 28 days menstruation cycle)
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:39 am

User avatar I can certainly understand your frustration. It would seem likely that you would have conceived by now but there are many women who do not conceive in spite of the fact they have regular periods, regular sexual intercourse and use no birth control. Sometimes it just takes a little while for everything to line up.

To improve your chances, I would suggest you have sex from day 8 through day 19 (start counting days on the first day of your period). Daily is fine or every other day, but not less frequently than that. You can also use ovulation indicators that use your body temperature as a guide. Also, if you notice extra secretions, that is also a sign you may be fertile. The trick is to present frequent opportunities for sperm to meet egg. Good luck
 safina007 - Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:54 am

Thanks a lot Debbie for your prompt response. I will surely try to go through your advise... as today is my 7th day... i must start from tomorrow...and as frequently as possible.

Just have another question I have that, each time when I have an Intercourse, i use to have extra secretion for a couple of days. is it a sign of being fertile or is it the unfertilized sperms which my husband inserted in me?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:01 pm

User avatar The increased vaginal secretions usually indicate ovulation. It is nature's way of assisting in the pregnancy and making the vagina more hospitable to the sperm and to help it travel inside you to where it can fertilize the egg.
 safina007 - Sat May 31, 2008 5:00 pm

Hi

I m contacting you people after a long time. As u could able to know from my previous posts, that i have been trying for preganancy since a long time. i had a surgery about 3 months ago, as my gynaecologist diagnosed minor tissue in my uterus and needed to remove that thru cervix. after that the doctor advised me to go for insemination as we have been trying for preganancy for more than 2 years and not succeeding. But me and my husband decided to try for a couple of months and if not succeeded then go for insemination process.

Now the problem occurs with me this month, as we have been actively trying to concieve in my ovulation period, but later on 24th day of cycle when we tried ususally, i started to bleed. after 2 - 3 hours, it started to bleed heavily. and then the next day, i had a finger long piece of flesh (dark pink color) coming out of my vagina. since then, i am confused that did i have an abortion or was that a regular menstrual period? because i never had this type of solid bleeding before.

Waiting for ur response eagerly.

Thanks.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:10 am

User avatar First please let me apologize for not answering your question before now.

It is possible you had an early miscarriage but it is also possible to have a period that consists of tissue as well as blood. Once it happens it is nearly impossible to say for sure. If there was a pregnancy but the baby just didn't develop, your body will take care of the remaining tissue which may have begun to prepare your body for a baby to grow.

You may become pregnant yet as most people who suffer a miscarriage do go on to conceive a baby that is healthy and strong. But, if it doesn't happen soon and artificial reproductive technology (such as in vitro or artificial insemination) is a possibility for you, it might be time to consult with a fertility specialist about it. At your age, there is still a good chance you could become pregnant spontaneously, assuming you don't have some underlying problem that is preventing ovulation. Polycystic ovary syndrome sometimes does this and is often associated with adult acne.

|