News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Could it be Herpes?

chocochip005 - Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:11 am

For about two weeks now, I have been running a decently high fever, and my doctors have not been able to diagnose me. At the same time, I have also had a pus filled lesion down in my southern area, and it recently burst, and now apparently, from what doctors tell me, it's like a canker sore. I have been sexually active with one guy, and I am 100% sure he is clean. I know going into the relationship, I was 100% "clean" as well. He did perform oral sex on me once when he had a (legit) cold sore (not herpes!). Could it still possibly be herpes (that's what I am getting tested for), when we both know that we are clean? What explains my fever? (I am also getting retested for mono nucleosis)...what is happening to my southern legion? help!!!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:19 am

User avatar The fever may be totally unrelated to the sore and I'm sure your doctor will consider this. It is also possible that you developed genital herpes simplex 1 (the variety of herpes that causes cold sores). While we usually think of herpes simplex 2 as the one that causes STDs, it is possible to get type 1 from a cold sore during oral sex. The doctor should be able to determine what is causing this - perhaps even a bacterial infection of some type.

Good luck

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here