Question: Could it be Herpes?

chocochip005 - Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:11 am

For about two weeks now, I have been running a decently high fever, and my doctors have not been able to diagnose me. At the same time, I have also had a pus filled lesion down in my southern area, and it recently burst, and now apparently, from what doctors tell me, it's like a canker sore. I have been sexually active with one guy, and I am 100% sure he is clean. I know going into the relationship, I was 100% "clean" as well. He did perform oral sex on me once when he had a (legit) cold sore (not herpes!). Could it still possibly be herpes (that's what I am getting tested for), when we both know that we are clean? What explains my fever? (I am also getting retested for mono nucleosis)...what is happening to my southern legion? help!!!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:19 am

User avatar The fever may be totally unrelated to the sore and I'm sure your doctor will consider this. It is also possible that you developed genital herpes simplex 1 (the variety of herpes that causes cold sores). While we usually think of herpes simplex 2 as the one that causes STDs, it is possible to get type 1 from a cold sore during oral sex. The doctor should be able to determine what is causing this - perhaps even a bacterial infection of some type.

Good luck

|