News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: endometrial tissue...endometriosis worries...a bit stressed.

jess88 - Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:44 am

hi, i'm a 19 year old female, i've written in before regarding endometriosis. my doctor thinks i have endo, and i am seeing my gyno in two weeks, but i have a question. i have been reading a little bit about endo, and it keeps saying about endometrial tissue. now i was wondering, it says it has "no way out", but could it come out as discharge? i get big clumps of very pale yellow, almost white what i thought was discharge but i don't think it is. it is clear in some bits, and a solid colour in other bits. it is not wet, but it is sticky (yuck sorry) but it reminds me of mucous...i'm stressing a little bit because i'm hoping that its normal.
also, i have been tested for PID (neg), and had both upper and lower ultrasounds and nothing has shown up on either. the doctor also thinks i have Irritable Bowel Syndrome. i get tested for this (endoscopy) next week. i wonder if this could have anything to do with anything...?
sorry but one last question...what tests will the gyno carry out? i've already had the ultrasounds...and i don't like the sound of a laparoscopy...

(have had no past surgeries, and also no family history of either "illness". am currently on the pill, and coloease for IBS.)

thank you very much :-)
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:44 pm

User avatar This may be just your normal vaginal secretions which vary from person to person and increase near the time of ovulation each month. I don't believe it is related to endometriosis and it sounds like you have covered the bases in getting other things checked out (infection, etc.)

Diagnosis is usually made by examination, ultrasound and laparoscopy. I don't know of other tests. Don't worry too much about the lap - this is usually not too uncomfortable. It may not even be necessary. Sometimes an invasive procedure like this is done when there are fertility problems associated with the endometriosis.

Good luck with your exam. Getting answers helps a lot because then you know what you are dealing with (the unknown is always scarier) and you can find ways to ease the pain.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here