News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: bleeding for a long period of time

spgebobcutie - Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:39 pm

im 24 yrs old female and in the past i had 2 pelvic infections. i started trying for my 1st baby back in march and stopped trying in july.would like to start trying again but i cant start trying because since august 9, 2007 until now i have been bleeding with no break in between. been to a dr and they cant tell me whats wrong. before i started to bleed in august i was spotting for months on end mainly when i would wipe after going to the bathroom. and before i started spotting i would only get my period once every 3 months. could u try to help me?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:33 pm

User avatar It sounds like you are experiencing a hormonal imbalance. This can also indicate possible fertility problems because you may not be ovulating. You should be evaluated by your gynecologist if you want to try to become pregnant. It may be necessary to correct the imbalance first. Also, if blood loss becomes excessive you could become anemic and this would not be a good way to start a pregnancy either.

Good luck.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here