News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Missing periods and trying to conceive

pudder - Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:16 pm

I am 24 and stopped taking birth control in November 2006 - it is now September 2007. I have had my period twice since stopping the pill - April 17 (4 days) and June 14 (3 days). I went for my annual pap and it came back normal. I am trying to get pregnant. I have heard that some people start taking the pill again to try and regulate their ovulation cycles, is that something you suggest?

I have had low weight in the past and my periods still took place but were very light. I am now at a healthy weight so I do not think that my weight is the issue.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:28 am

User avatar You may not be ovulating regularly.

If you are fertile and sexually active, the average time for conception would be within about a year of trying. So, I wouldn't worry too much but you may want to see your doctor about the possibility of regulating your periods. However, ovulation is the real question and it isn't necessary to have periods every month, though it helps some women to predict their fertile times to plan accordingly and it could indicate a lack of ovulation so you may need to have an overall pre-conception visit with a gynecologist.

Good luck in your efforts.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here