Question: GREAT CONERN RE: change in endometriosis condition

mslayla - Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:25 am

I am 30y/o at 19 i was in great pain per laparoscopy x 5 in the course of 11 yrs I have endometriosis. my pain use to be bearable, I was told i will never bear kidsdue to blockage i have had 6 miscarg 1 tubal 1 fetal demise @ 6 mo preg, I have 2 sons in the middle of this, MY concern is that I need to see a doctor I suffer headaches, terrible cramps at ovulation intercourse and during my 9 day cycles i live in pain i got appendicitis and my appendix was removed while on my period 1 month ago i was told that my endo is the worst this doctor seen, this is enterfearing with my quality of life. I have thrombophilia high blood pressure as well so hormone therapy is not an option I was sent to a pain doctor and endocro i wasnt eligible for the epidural due to my thrombophilia. i have had a dvt after my c section 2 y ago.// MEDS: metopolol, baby aspirin pd and percocet but i hardly even take the pain med it doesnt help. since i cant take any hormone therapy do i go to a gyn or what? please I have headaches abt 15 days a month im in pain i get bad pain down my legs now i bleed so heavy and I am not too much over weight im 5f5 129 #s does this sound like endo is just progressing does it continue to progress over time? wehn i work out i cramp out so bad I vomit on my period i am dizzy with headaches i can tolerate pain but this is just embarable. what can be done is there anything? what kind of doc do i see? i apalogize for being so long but this is real and i have tried calling to make app for a gyn i cant get in formonthsto come. Thank you[/b]
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:40 pm

User avatar This must be very frustrating for you.

You might be a candidate for a surgical excision of lesions with ablation, which could definitely improve your quality of life. Sometimes these procedures are repeated later if needed.

Once you are sure your family is complete you may even be a candidate for hysterectomy. If this is done in a woman your age, it would probably be recommended that you retain one ovary for hormonal function and this could make a huge difference in your life.

These procedures are not without risk, especially given your history of blood clots, but you have much to gain so the benefits could definitely outweigh the risks.

mslayla - Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:44 pm

Ive never heard of that procedure before thank you so much for responding. I am gonna have to waite another 2.5 weeks to get an appointment with a gyn so i will mention this option you suggested if he doesnt, because I am not interested in taking pain medicine any more i took it for almost 1 year and i had the doc just wean me off voulunterly. so thank you so much.

|