Question: Getting pregnant again

Lowkie - Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:12 am

i am female and 25 almost 26. 7 years ago i gave birth to twins. I am RH negitive and received the first rogram shot but not the last after they were born. Would this cause me not to be able to conceive now?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:27 pm

User avatar Hi Lowkie,

The rhogam shot helps prevent the mother's body from forming antibodies against Rh + blood that the baby may have.

This should not affect the ability to conceive. If the rhogam was unsuccessful at preventing the formation of the antibodies it can cause significant problems for the baby after it begins making red blood cells several weeks afer conception.