Question: large lump with itch

CARLA - Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:56 am

hi
for the last week and a bit, i have noticed that just outside the entering on the left side of my vagina (in the lips), i have noticed a lump which is about 1/2cm long. (it feels like a swollen glad maybe?) i can only notice when i sit or stand. its of normal colour, no smell, not painful but when i wipe, it seems to irritate it and make it itchy. any other time it doesnt worry me. the only other possible symptoms i have is that i did have an infected belly button which has cleared up and a few dizzy spells. i am currently going through IVF. have just finished a failed IUI cycle and starting hormones for a full ICSI cycle.
i am away on holidays and cant get to my normal gp untill i get home.
any help would be greatly appreciated
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:59 pm

User avatar Hi Karla,

I would suspect a bartholin gland cyst. If so these are harmless and need not be removed unless it bothers you and you want to do it. They can recur but likely would not. If it starts to give you trouble or pain, you should see your doctor sooner rather than later. Either way, it warrants an exam.

Best wishes,
Debbie
 CARLA - Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:42 pm

thatnks so much for your help debbie. very much appreciated
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:15 pm

User avatar You're welcome. Of course there are other cysts and infected glands but if infection is present you typically have other symptoms and it might be painful.

|