News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: large lump with itch

CARLA - Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:56 am

hi
for the last week and a bit, i have noticed that just outside the entering on the left side of my vagina (in the lips), i have noticed a lump which is about 1/2cm long. (it feels like a swollen glad maybe?) i can only notice when i sit or stand. its of normal colour, no smell, not painful but when i wipe, it seems to irritate it and make it itchy. any other time it doesnt worry me. the only other possible symptoms i have is that i did have an infected belly button which has cleared up and a few dizzy spells. i am currently going through IVF. have just finished a failed IUI cycle and starting hormones for a full ICSI cycle.
i am away on holidays and cant get to my normal gp untill i get home.
any help would be greatly appreciated
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:59 pm

User avatar Hi Karla,

I would suspect a bartholin gland cyst. If so these are harmless and need not be removed unless it bothers you and you want to do it. They can recur but likely would not. If it starts to give you trouble or pain, you should see your doctor sooner rather than later. Either way, it warrants an exam.

Best wishes,
Debbie
 CARLA - Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:42 pm

thatnks so much for your help debbie. very much appreciated
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:15 pm

User avatar You're welcome. Of course there are other cysts and infected glands but if infection is present you typically have other symptoms and it might be painful.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here