News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: drunk sex.

baklava - Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:37 am

okay - i'm nineteen and female. and this last weekend i got really drunk and i ended up having sex. it's only the second time i've had sex before and i was on my period with a tampon in. i was in a lot of pain the next day and i didn't remember the night before so i checked and found my tampon which had been jammed extremely far into me on the right side. it took like thirty minutes to get it out and it hurt a lot. it's been like two days now and my right side is killing me. it hurts to walk or anything. also, i've been shaking a lot. what could br wrong with me??
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:51 pm

User avatar Hi Baklava,
I'm sorry about your pain and trauma. Unfortunately, since you were drunk, you may have experienced additional trauma of which you are now unaware. I would check with your doctor for a pelvic exam to be sure there are no injuries. You will likely heal on your own but it would be best to have it checked out.

As for the tampon - you should be concerned if you ever forget about one because it does increase your risk for infection. Be especially alert to fever, chills, body aches and go to a doctor right away if this happens. But it sounds like this is not the case for you so having your doctor check you is the best idea, coupled with patience as your body heals.

Take care,
Debbie

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here