Question: methylprednisolone and seasonique

Binkalette - Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:19 am

Hello, I had mono in June of this year, and THOUGHT I was over it, but when I wasn't feeling well the other day I went back to the doctor, and after some blood work they called me up and told me that it was still positive for mono, so she decided to put me on a six day dosing of methylprednisolone. The first day I took six, today I will take 5, 4 tomorrow, and so on and so forth. My question is, can the medication change the effectiveness of my birth control pill, seasonique?? I am on the second week of my first pack of seasonique, Previously I was on Ortho tri cyclen lo.... Any answers would be appreciateed! Thanks!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:13 pm

User avatar Methylprednisolone is not on the list of drugs that would cause the oral contraceptives to be less effective so this should be fine.
 Binkalette - Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:47 pm

Thanks :-D

|