News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: D&C and what to expect with bleeding afterwards??

countrygirl - Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:00 pm

Two days ago I had a hysteroscopy and D&C under general anaethetic. I was given no information at the hospital of what to expect afterwards. I am from UK.
About 6 hours after the proceedure the bleeding slowed down alot to just a blood stained discharge.
I can go for half a day without any discharge and then I will get a large amount of thick discharge that is pink rather than clear. This is also the time of the month ovulation time when my normal discharge will increase dramatically for about 5 days.
The only infomation I was given was by my GP who said that I will bleed for some time afterwards but if I get a sudden severe bleeding or very smelly discharge or abdominal pain with fever to seek medical advice.
My question is - my normal discharge will be increasing dramatically in next few days because of ovulation time so how can I tell if this is blood stained if it is just to be expected or is it a sign tat somethings wrong ????
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:24 am

User avatar Hi,
I would not worry about anything blood-tinged, or even brown. This would not be considered excessive. If you find yourself gushing lots of red blood, soaking a pad every hour or two, that would be a different story. In that case you would call your doctor.

Best wishes

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here