Question: no period, spotting, discharge, not pregnant

mplovesap - Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:19 am

Hello I am 29year old female. I have PCOS. My last period was 8-4-07 it is now 10-7-07. I have faint red spotting every few days. I has brown discharge everyday for the past 4 months. A few days ago I have severe pelvic pain around belly button to right lower. I have done several pregnancy tests all negative. I am unable to visit dr for another month or so. Any ideas what is going on?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:36 am

User avatar Because of the vast array of possible causes of abdominal pain it would be impossible to guess what this is but it is not necessarily related to your cycle at all, though it could be. You also have bowel concerns, bladder and kidney problems, appendicitis, etc. that can manifest with pain. I'm afraid if the pain continues you will need to see a doctor for evaluation.

mplovesap - Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:52 pm

But what about the spotting and discharge it is still going on for the last 4 months? This is an everyday thing!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:51 pm

User avatar You did not mention any medications you may be taking. Are you on any hormonal birth control? Spotting usually indicates some hormonal irregularity and can be related to artificial hormones such as are in birth control pills but it could also be connected to the PCOS, which affects your cycle. I hope you will be able to see your doctor soon to get to the bottom of this.

mplovesap - Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:58 pm

No I am not taking any birth control or any other meds. Still spotting, still brown discharge, still no period.

I did make an appointment with a fertility specialist for the 31st.

Im hoping I don't have some kind of cancer. And hopefully I will be able to finally get pregnant.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:43 pm

User avatar I think this sounds like a good plan.

Best wishes for success in this.

|