News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: Cycle Change after miscarriage

momoftwins - Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:06 pm

Hello All

Ok I have a questions I had posted my story before about my miscarriage.... I been writting down my cycle and since my miscarriage that happen on June 28th of this year my cycle has changed to 24 days number one question is that normal for my cycle to change? second is harder to conceive on a 24 day cycle when will my ovulation start with a 24 day cycle
my last period was Sept 19 when was a mnostly fertile.... I been trying to conceive since June an dit just feel like an eternity what can i do to get pregnant faster....
Thank You
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:47 pm

User avatar Hi Momoftwins,

Following a miscarriage it is very common for a woman's cycle to be irregular or change from its previous pattern for a while. Often it will return to normal but this may take several (meaning >6 in some cases) months.

Regarding your question about ovulation, ovulation is generally thought to occur 14 days before the next period is expected. With a 28 day cycle this is mid-cycle. With a 24 day cycle, ovulation would be expected on day 10, slightly earlier than mid-cycle.

Best wishes.
 momoftwins - Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:52 pm

my period legend is after miscarriage is aug 2 then aug 25 finally sept 25 now today is oct 13 and no period I took a pregnancy test and is negative but no period can I be pregnant before my miscarriage I was every 28th days then after that i was 24 what is your opinion?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:49 pm

User avatar If I'm understanding you correctly your last period was on Sept. 25th. If so, it is likely that you are still early for your period. Your body may be returning to its prior 28 day cycle. I would suggest that you repeat the pregnancy test during the 5th week after your last period if you are still suspicious that you may be pregnant. At that point the test will be most accurate.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here