News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: no period and want a baby

ButterflyKisses - Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:33 pm

I am almost 21 years old, and me and my fiance are trying to have a baby and have been for just over 2 years. I have not had a period since may 10 2007. i have been using femgest progesterone cream and i still have not had one. I went to the DR. in march because then i had not had a period since december. When i had the pap it triggered my period so i had one march 10 then another may 10 and none since. Dr said everything was ok and there was no need to worry. So is there anything i can to to make myself have a period with out going to the DR again. We are dying to have a baby
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:20 am

User avatar If you are having regular sexual intercourse you are doing what you can do on your own. Some also advocate lying on your back for 20 minutes following intercourse with a pillow under your hips to give the sperm every possibility of traveling to the uterus and not being lost to gravity. If you notice days when you have extra mucus discharge, that could be an indication that you are near ovulation so it would be a good time to have sex.

It does sound suspicious that you are not ovulating but you will need to see a doctor to verify this. It is wise to have a preconception visit anyway to see if there are any underlying concerns prior to pregnancy that might need to be taken care of for you to be in optimal health.

You should also be taking a daily multiple vitamin containing at least 400 mcg folate or folic acid because this has been shown to reduce birth defects if it is taken from the time of conception. So, the recommendation is for all women of reproductive age to take these every day.

I'm sorry I can't give you any more home solutions but this could be a problem that will require a doctor's evaluation.

Good luck
 ButterflyKisses - Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:25 am

I have been doing all you said. I even bought the clearblue easy fertility monitor, but i cant start it till i start my period. is there anything i can do to make my period start, becaust the progesterone is not working?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:31 pm

User avatar Your doctor might be able to prescribe something for you but I know no other way to induce a period. You will need to get an appointment most likely.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here