News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Irregular Periods

Roberta - Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:55 am

I am 43 and for the past 6 months + I have been having irregular periods in as much as I used to be every 26 days and lasted for 7 days. Now I am experiencing periods every two week sometimes as little as a week in between. I am constantly tired and get dizzy quite a lot. Past surgeries/problems include: Sterilised 10 years ago, Crohns diagnosed 16 years ago Laser treatment for abnormal cervical although not cancerous. I am not on any medication.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:27 pm

User avatar This sounds like peri-menopause - that period of time which can be several years prior to actual cessation of periods. During this time hormones are in fluctuation and periods can be very erratic. The fact that you are having frequent bleeding and other symptoms makes me encourage you to see your gynecologist to be sure there is nothing else going on or that you are not becoming anemic. There are treatments available to help with this even if it is mostly normal.

Good luck.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here