News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: Widespread pain during pregnancy

magaroon - Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:26 am

I am 37 years old and 3 months pregnant with my fourth child. I have widespread muscle and joint pain. I am so stiff in the morning, which hardly gets better throughout the day. My back, neck and hips hurt. One of my biceps has burning pain. My hands are sore and stiff. One finger has two swollen knuckles and hurts quite a bit. I feel like I have arthritis all over my body. I feel achy like I have the flu, but I'm not sick. This has been coming on slowly since the beginning of this pregnancy. I am going to bring this up with my doctor, but I wanted to get an idea of what this might be first.

(I'm only taking prenatal vitamins, no past diagnosis/surgeries/history)
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:07 pm

User avatar Hello,
It is possible that you could have some form of arthritis that did not manifest itself until pregnancy. Often the immune system seems diminished when your are pregnant. It could also be something like fibromyalgia. Hopefully your doctor can find a cause and a cure. Good luck.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here