Question: On pill for 2 years period a week early...

chiko_05 - Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:15 pm

I've been on the pill for 2 years and i got my period a week early. Should I keep taking the pill as normal and if so during the week that im supposed to be having my period and therefore not taking it could i be at risk for pregnacy if i have sex either during that week or after?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:43 pm

User avatar Unless your prescribing physician has told you otherwise, I believe it makes sense to start the new pack to be certain you do not ovulate the next month. For whatever reason your schedule is off, it could also mean your expected ovulation date could be early so this would be the safest thing. It is not essential that you have a break in the pill anyway; it just allows your period to come. This is usually reassuring to someone who wants to know they are not pregnant.

If you continue to bleed erratically, contact your doctor to be evaluated as to whether or not you are on the right pill for you.

|