News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Irregular Periods

Lara912 - Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:39 pm

Hi, i am 17 years old and i realize that i should not be too concerned with irregular periods. However i have developed in all the other areas, like breasts and pubic hair. I get my period sometimes for 2 weeks or for a day, i can go without for several months. My lower abdomine gets very sore. I have gotten my blood tested and ultra sounds, but nothing was found. No other woman in my family have experienced this before. Should i be concerned or am i wasting my time?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:59 pm

User avatar The first year or so from the onset of your periods (menarche) it is not at all unusual to have such variability. You can just finish a period, go camping thinking you're "safe" then wham-o, here it comes again. So be prepared with protection at all times. Eventually it will probably level out to at least a somewhat predictable pattern, though being caught off guard is the nature of the game it seems.

The fact that all other development is on schedule makes me reassured you are doing fine.

Take care.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here