Question: PCO and graveyard shift

mylav10 - Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:08 am

Hi, I'm 26 years old working in a call centre and 2 weeks ago I was transferred to a graveyard shift working 5 days a week. Lately I was suffering of irregular bleeding and was diagnosed of PCO. I asked the gynecologist if my shift is bad for my condition and she said it's not but I'm not convinced with what she said. I just want to double check if working in a graveyard shift can aggravate my condition and will you recommend having me transferred to a regular shift?
 Sandy Tracy RN - Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:34 am

User avatar Hello Mylav10,
Thanks for writing in.

Working the graveyard shift will not increase the severity of PCO.

However stress can impact the your monthly cycle.

If the irregular bleeding continues I encourage you to contact your GYN. There are medications that can control the bleeding.

Good Luck Sandy RN

|