News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: I had my period and took plan B and have another period

samayah85 - Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:27 am

Hi, I'm kind of new to the plan b pills because I always use a condom for sex. I never thought I would need it, but one day the day right after my period me and my fiance did it without a condom. Even though he withdrew it before he cums out I still took plan b right after (like 5 minute after) because I'm afraid I might be pregnant, is it normal to have a side effect of another period from plan b? even though it was just a week after my normal period? both period only last 4-5 days.

Comment please. Thank you very much.
 samayah85 - Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:52 pm

and i started to have discharge clear ones.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:07 pm

User avatar Yes, plan B has strong hormonal properties so periods can be affected for a few months even in some cases. By the way, you were actually at quite a low risk for pregnancy on the day following your period and withdrawal isn't a perfect birth control method but combined with the timing, it would definitely improve your odds. Of course no birth control is perfect but plan B does come with some side effects you must anticipate.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here