Question: Bleeding For 3 Months Dr.s Won't Help

mplovesap - Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:42 pm

Hello I am 30 yrs old and have PCOS.

This is going to be a long explination. No Dr. has been able to help me or take this seriously. Please help!

Every few months or so I have a really large cyst that causes pain or ruptures which ends up sending me to the hospital. ER Docs lets me know how many cysts I have and how big they have gotten and tell me I had one rupture or bleed then send me on my way.

My OBGYN says cysts are not serious and put me on birth control. After 6 months I stoped taking them and told him I want to try to have a baby. I've been trying for 6 years! He said do you want to have a baby or get rid of the cysts because I cant have both. Also I have a period once every 2 or 3 months.
I changed Dr.s

My next OBGYN referred me to a specialist.

That Dr. did a endometrial biopsy that came out normal. Then put me on Clomid. My overies became hyperstimulated and I wound up in the hospital with multiple large cysts and extreme pain. The Dr. wanted to put me back on birth control.

So I diddnt see an OBGYN for a year. Then things got worse. I already have irrigular periods so Im used to that buth then in August I began having brown discharg everyday, A period that lasted 7 Heavy days, and Brown discharge and light spotting everyday after my period.

In September I had more days or red spotting and brown discharge everyday and no period.

In October I has brown discharge everyday, Light bleeding for half the month and a period that lasted 11 Heavy days! On the 31st of October I saw a Fertility Specialist. He did a transvaginal ultrasound. He found a 2 in cyst, several small cysts on both overies and some small fibroids. He said it was no big deal and had me get dressed to talk about cost. $950 per round of Clomid plus meds. That is alot of money. Too much and what if I still don't get PG?!
I left dissapointed, crying, and with no cure for my problem.

My last real period was October 31st. I began bleeding on November 5th and it has not stopped. I use 2 pads a day sometimes more. What do I do now?
 mplovesap - Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:44 pm

Sorry I mean My last real period ended October 30th and bleeding resumed November 5th.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:28 am

User avatar I would probably recommend you see a fertility specialist to determine the best way for you to achieve pregnancy and avoid the cysts if possible. He/she would be expert in knowing how this affects your ability to conceive and would know what would be most likely to help.

|