Question: I need some serious advice....

firedragoon2884 - Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:27 pm

I'm a 23 young woman and I think i have PCOS I haven't had a period in almost 3 years and all of a sudden in november i started bleeding and thinking it was a period but if it was, it was light and never heavy and kept going away and coming back and then it turned pink and now it's turned into discharge that sometimes looks like dry blood and then it's fresh blood. it's still happening now and it's been almost 3 weeks or more. My mother thinks i'm pregnant but i don't know what to think. I took a test and it said negative. But then again my hormone levels have never been good. I've always had issues so would that make the test messed up? I'm confused. I need some help. I started producing breast milk almost 3 years ago also and i have never been pregnant. I don't know what else to do as of now but seek some advice.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:03 pm

It certainly sounds suspicious for some kind of hormonal problem, whether or not it is PCOS. There are other endocrine (gland) disorders that can also affect your periods. If you want to confirm the negative pregnancy tests you might have a blood (serum) test at the doctor's office. These are more sensitive than the urine tests. But, it would seem wise to consult with either a gynecologist or endocrinologist to find out why your system does not seem to be functioning in a typical fashion, if pregnancy is not the case.

firedragoon2884 - Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:15 pm

Debbie Miller, RN wrote:Hello,

Thank you i will definately do that. I went to the doctor before he said the reason i produce milk is probably because of my pituitary gland but never did anything about it. Isn't that kind of odd?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:25 am

User avatar Why not see a specialist (endocrinologist) to see if there is a good treatment option for you? That is probably the direction I would go.

Take care and happy holidays!

|