News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: About mutiload CU

Jfade86 - Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:30 pm

Hi my wife and I want to have a kid, but she has this multiload CU so she wouldnt get pregnant, she is going to take it off, but we want to know how long after she has taken it off she can become pregnant. She is 23 years old with two previous kids, she is not takind any medications and she had one abortion. Please i would like the answer fast. thank you very much

Johnny Garay
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:37 pm

User avatar Hello,
Your wife has the potential to become pregnant immediately after removal of the device, once she has ovulated. There is no need to wait to begin trying to conceive. This does not mean she will immediately do so because everyone is unique and there is a certain amount of luck involved but within the year following removal if the two of you are having regular sexual intercourse without other birth control, I would expect pregnancy to occur spontaneously.

Good luck.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here