News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: Irregular period, cramps, sore breasts, bloated stomach

mommaxtoxbee - Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:21 am

I've never had an irregular period. My periods always start on the 4th of each month. I recieved my period on the 4th of November, and didn't feel anything until November 27th (The day after I had unprotected sex, and he didn't pull out in time..) The bleeding lasted two days and then stopped, and I haven't felt anything since until tonight, I went to the bathroom and saw there was a light blood discharge in my underwear, and now I am experiencing extreme cramps. I never experience cramsp with my period and I am very scared. I have had a bloated stomach, as well as tender and sore breasts and I have been very fatigue. I took 2 home pregnancy tests but my health care provider said it might be to early. I havent had a chance to go see her. Could someone tell me what this bleeding could be from. Am I pregnant or just crazy..
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:43 am

User avatar Hormonal fluctuation can cause occasional bleeding between periods and this can still be within normal limits. Even though you have a history of regular periods, it is entirely normal to sometimes get it at a different time. Your other symptoms can certainly be due to a number of problems; not just pregnancy. PMS, bowel problems, etc.

It is unlikely that the unprotected sex with bleeding right after resulted in pregnancy and that would have been very early to experience anything pregnancy-related. Implantation bleeding that sometimes occurs when you are pregnancy happens at about the time your next period would occur - a couple of weeks after conception. Repeating the pregnancy test is your best option but your doctor could perform a blood test which would be even more accurate early on. Try to be patient and things may resolve on their own. Stress can affect your periods too.

I hope this answers your question. Good luck.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here