Question: help..bleeding for over a month

amandad1480 - Tue Sep 07, 2004 11:03 am

Dear Doctors, I am a 23 year old healthy studernt. I have now been bleeding for one month. This has happen before about a year ago. I don't know what to do, my doctor put me on birth control befre and it stopped but now its back? What is it that is causing it? I just want an answer so i can rest easy, Thank You. :cry:
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Tue Sep 07, 2004 11:44 am

User avatar Dear Amanda,

You should not wait for a month bleeding before going to your doctor. You have to go to your doctor immediately.

Usually, if the bleeding does not have a generalized cause for bleeding or an organic cause in the female genital tract, it is termed dysfunctional uterine bleeding and its cause is usually hormonal disturbance, the treatment is to take over by external hormones such as contraceptive pills on the hope that they will regulate the hormonal axis which will become regular and once these are stopped the body will continue regularly in their footsteps.

You have to be examined, may be an ultrasound done and then decide which way to go but you have to go to your doctor now.

|