Question: Early Menopause Please Help Me On This

EarlyMenopause - Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:57 pm

I have recently been diagnoced with early menopause I am 25 years old and would still like to have a child of my own is there any possible way for this to happen and what are the chances and corces of action that should be taken??? Please help
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Wed Sep 08, 2004 6:27 pm

User avatar Dear EarlyMenopause,
You would best discuss your problem with an infertility specialist. He would examine your case and discuss with you which options remain available to you.

Oocyte (egg) donation is stated as an option for some with early menopause. However, this procedure is usually expensive, and contraversial from an ethical point of view. Some religions also consider it unacceptable. It may also have a significant failure rate.

Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:09 am

User avatar Dear Guest,

i am sure that you were diagnosed in the proper way but i would recommend getting a second opinion regarding this diagnosis.

Regarding the oocyte donation that Dr. Fouad referred to as an option, from my personal point of view, i think carries lots of question marks as regards to its ethical, moral and religious considerations.

If you want to have a baby of your own, i think you have to consult with a fertility specialist on emergent basis to see whether you still have a chance of getting pregnant with your own child or not.

|