News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Bleeding Bleeding Bleeding!

mohinimagic - Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:48 pm

Hi
I suffered from irregular periods when I was about the age of 16.I am 24 now.
A doc in India gave me the medicine Ebexid..(i was not diagnosised with Thyroid tho my hormonal counts showed some abnormality)
I came to USA after I got married last year.
Everything was fine for the first 6 months but during last Nov my period startes and never ended till date!! Yeah it never ended.
All thryroid tests were done here, but nothing could be traced so the doc took me off Indian medicine and put me on Birth-control for 2 months, that didnt helped ..spotting continued, all tests were done ,no tumour or anything was found but the doc saw some abnormal muscle lumps(uterine lining which generally tears during menses) and performed currette , after that I was well for 5 days again it started!!
I went to India as my father suddenly died of HepC-Cirrhocis and hepatoma..after I came back the doc tried to treat me with metamorphin(used for Plst Ovary Syndrom-As she guessed it might be the cause ) for about two months but it did not help me at all and I started urinating more frequently. After 2 months I came off it and started having ebexid again, this time it never regulated my period. Now My legs are swollen and I have terrible numb feeling and tingling pain, specially in my left leg. Can you please advice what I should test ..or is there any way to bring me back in normality, my life has become miserable!!!
 Dr. Russell M - Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:48 am

User avatar Hi!

Have you had a pelvic ultrasound?

bill
 mohinimagic - Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:16 pm

I did a lower abdomen ultrasound.
Before currette, as the Doc thought that i might have tumours. Is pelvic one diffferent??
 Dr. Russell M - Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:23 pm

User avatar Hi!

Nope, pelvic USG is same as lower abdominal USG. And what was the finding?

By 'abnormal muscle lumps,' did the doctor mean fibroids?

bill
 mohinimagic - Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:01 pm

Hi Bill,
No they were not fibroids. Initially in the sono gram there were some lumps which she thought can be fibroids , but they were only lump of muscles which comes out during normal menses. But they were bigger and a lot!
And the doctor told it should 'nt have been there as she operated just 3 days after my normal menses!

I just thought of mentioning something. Nowadays whenever I get excited, like shout or get irritated or sexually stimulated the bleeding with shred muscles starts. Else it is fine.
The uterus on every medical check up seems to be tender!

Does it help at all?
 Dr. Russell M - Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:42 pm

User avatar What was the D&C results from pathology?
 mohinimagic - Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:49 am

D & C -the doc took out those muscles which thickened the lining and the biopsy report was normal ..but bleeding continued.
 Dr. Russell M - Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:17 pm

User avatar Hi!

You might want to discuss with your OBGYN regarding high-dose estrogen therapy, since the OCP has failed you once. Any further steps will have to be weighed between risks and benefits, since maintenance of fertility would be an issue in your case.

bill

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here