Question: UNUSUALLY LIGHT PERIOD

baxter - Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:55 am

I am on the mini pill cerazette, which i have beentaking for almost a year.

My periods have always remained heavy with lots of cramping around my monthly time.
However in december i was ill for a short while and was on antibiotics and i have also forgotten to take a couple of pills here and there- my period this month came at the right time although it was extremely light, so light that it didnt even require a single tampon a day, it also lasted for five days instead of the usual seven. On the seventh day i took a pregnancy test to put my mind at ease and it came back negative.

The reason i write is because i felt very sick the last couple of days and i don't know if it is in my head but my lower abdomen has had a litle kind of jabbing pain a few times.

im a bit confused?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:15 pm

Considering the fact that you missed a couple of pills, it might be wise to repeat the pregnancy test a week after the first one since false negatives do occur. The symptoms you describe could be attributed to a number of things since the abdomen contains so many organs. Aside from the uterus there are fallopian tubes, ovaries, ureters, bladder, bowel, appendix, gall bladder, etc. etc. so the twinge you feel could originate from a number of places. But, in connection with the other concerns, it would be good to double check on pregnancy. Unless the pain gets worse or other symptoms appear, it is likely nothing to be concerned about.

baxter - Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:35 am

thankyou so much for your time!

Kind Regards
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:35 am

User avatar You are very welcome!

|