Question: sex during period,brown discharge later,no period after that

cute_barbie - Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:41 am

hi,

its me again with problems. so here's the case...

my last period was on the 10th January, but had a full flow from 11th. my period usually lasts for 3-4 days maximum. on the 15th, my bf and I were getting kind of busy when he inserted it in me.....well, without moving it..we didnt do the intercourse as within minutes I asked him to take it out.

after 10 days.. i spotted brown discharge.. it was like paste and sticky..well, it happened to me before and when i went to see a doctor, she said it was for hyper tension and gave me some medicine to take and see her again if the problem persisted. the problem was gone within days. that brown discharge stayed for like 1 whole day and was gone.

now, its the 14th and i am still not getting any signs of having period.. the wetty feeling and the heavy lower abdomen.. nothing..

now, my question is..what should i do?? this not having period is giving me headaches.I know from Debbie that there's a rare chance of not getting preganant during the 1st day of period till the 8th day. if that is so, is there ny problem with me?? my parents don't know about these and i broke up with my bf.. its like two sided saw...i am soooo tensed.. help me ut here..
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:18 am

It is possible that your delay in period could be due to stress - breaking up with your boyfriend, worrying about pregnancy, parents finding out, etc. This week you should be able to get a good result from a home pregnancy test - though not 100%. If negative and still no period, repeat a week later or see a doctor for a blood test which is more sensitive. Your description does not put you at high risk for pregnancy but it will give you peace of mind if you can find out. Of course if you start experiencing other symptoms of pregnancy you should get the definitive test.

Don't worry about occasional spotting of brown blood. It's just your body cleaning out old blood that may have been stored inside for a little while. Also, missing a period completely is not unusual. Women can be erratic with hormones, ovulation, etc. especially when you are young. I know it is stressful because having the regular period gives you assurance but there are other reasons for missing a period.

|