Question: Ovulating everyday?

Denise_1982 - Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:40 pm

Ever since I was 13 (when I started my period and I'm now 25) I've been known to have ALOT of cysts and pain. Just recently my doctor told me I was low on estrogen, but when we did a ultrasound it came back all normal except for a small cyst on my right ovary. Which isn't a big surprise. Now this pain I'm having is always there. The pain feels like I'm on my period and with some mild cramps. Some days it's mild and the next it's really bad, but the only thing is the pain is usually on my left side. My doctor said it's cause I"m ovulated and that's why I'm in pain. One month the pain will be on one side and then the next is the other side, but the pain is always there. Is it possible for a woman to ovulate everyday? Thank you for your time and consideration.

Denise
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:37 pm

Ovarian cysts are very common, as I'm sure your doctor told you. Some women have pain with them; others do not. You do not ovulate every day (most women do just once a month) but the hormonal changes that occur during your cycle can cause the cysts to appear and disappear spontaneously. Your symptoms are consistent with a person who is prone genetically to ovarian cysts. Hopefully your doctor can help you manage them, perhaps with hormones such as birth control pills. Because they suppress ovulation, any pain you get because you ovulate should be eliminated.

Best wishes

|